July 25, 2010

one more month of summer.....

We did it, I took the kids to VBS four times this summer already. It is good to see them have so much fun and look forward to going and doing new things and activities. I asked Aiden which was his favorite and why. They all had different reasons. It was a good way to keep the kids excited and busy while keeping out of my hair while I pack or unpack our house! Now that we are moved, and almost done unpacking. There is no more VBS. That is okay except for the fact that they are with each other all the time. Which is producing problems in behavior and language.They have started name calling among other annoyances. I am trying to initiate new rules and chores as to respect our new house. Maybe it is too much too soon, maybe they are getting bored with each other, maybe it is too many changes. Whatever the reason. I have seen that what they need is me to guide them, entertain them and provide them with the tools to use so there is not chaos in our home. I am looking for that peace again. It comes and goes with the day or hour... Our new challenge will be how to keep the kids from killing each other and how to respect each other and love. wish me luck!

No comments: